What is Amazon Prime Day?
- Kind of like “Christmas in July” for Amazon
- Usually takes place 2nd Tuesday in July
- Thousands of deals
- Sign up new Prime members
- “Tens of millions” of Prime members made purchases in 2017
- 2017 Prime Day was Amazon’s biggest sales day in history to that point, with total sales beating 2016 Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined
- In 2018 deals are expected to extend a week or two before and after Prime Day
7 Ways to Prepare for Prime Day 2018
- Determine your strategy
- Specific products you want to promote?
- Make a profit or break even?
- Increase Best Seller Rank?
- Grow your customer base?
- Get rid of overstock inventory or products you are discontinuing?
- Stock up on inventory!
- Use Fulfillment by Amazon
- Ship NOW to Amazon fulfillment centers! This week!
- Plan not just for Prime Day, but for a halo effect of increased sales afterwards
- Not just products you are specifically promoting during Prime Day
- Schedule Sales and Promotions
- Optimize your brand presence and product detail pages
- Add Amazon Storefront
- Add Enhanced Brand Content
- Keyword optimization
- Detail page optimization: titles, images, bullets, etc.
- Beef Up Your Advertising Campaigns
- Add more campaigns
- Add more keywords
- Test HSA text
- Increase bids
- Use Bid+
- Drive outside traffic to your Prime Deals from your social media or email list
- Have a good post-purchase email sequence in place
Need Help Getting Ready for Prime Day?
Get in touch to schedule a consultation or request done-for-you services from eCom Leverage!