You want to sell as much of your product as possible on Amazon. But if your product isn’t appearing everywhere it should appear in Amazon search results, I can guarantee that you’re missing out on sales you would otherwise be making.
In today’s episode I’ll show you how to make sure your product is appearing in relevant Amazon search results.
2 Things That Must Happen for Your Product to Appear in Amazon Search Results
- Whatever words a customer searches must appear somewhere in your product listing.
- The words must not only appear in your product listing, but Amazon must be indexing your listing for the search term(s) in question.
Why Are Keywords So Important?
Most Amazon customers find your product by doing a search.
Example: A customer wants a cross-cut paper shredder that can shred credit cards and staples, so they might search:
Cross cut paper shredder
Shredder that shreds credit cards
Cross cut shredder for staples
If the words they search for aren’t found in your product listing AND indexed by Amazon, your product will not show up in search results.
7 Steps to Make Sure Your Product Shows Up in Search Results for Relevant Keywords
- Come up with a list of relevant keywords for your product.
- Put the most important keywords in your product title.
- Put as many of the remaining important keywords that don’t fit in your title into your bullet points.
- Put whatever keywords you naturally can fit into your product description.
- Any keywords that don’t fit in your title, bullet points, or product description, put in the ‘Search Terms’ fields in the back end of your listing.
- 5 fields, 50 characters per field, not including spaces and punctuation, for a total of 250 characters
- Don’t repeat words that are in your product title or bullet points
- No punctuation needed
- List each word only once
- Make sure your product is being indexed for each of the search terms on your list.
- You can check manually – do a search for your ASIN + keyword in the Amazon search bar
- You can use a tool to check automatically – Sellics has a free keyword indexing tool at http://sonar-tool.com/check-index
- Add any keywords on your list that aren’t being indexed to the Search Terms field in the back end of your listing, even if they appear in the front end of your listing. Wait an hour, then check again.
If You Need More Help with Your Keywords
Between now and the end of 2017, we’re offering a holiday special on our Keyword Maximizer service, so you can improve your listings and make more sales during the holiday season.
We will look at your product listings, do thorough keyword research, make sure your most important keywords are in your product titles, bullet points, and back end, and then make sure your most important keywords are being indexed.
Normally we charge $250 per product for this service, but right now we will do up to 3 product listings for $500, and any additional products are just $200 per listing.
This special will only last through the end of 2017 though, so take advantage while you can! To request the Keyword Maximizer special go to our client application (http://ecomleverage.com/client-application), and where it says ‘Anything else we can help with’ just put “Keyword Maximizer Holiday Special”.
Free Gift for You
I’m offering you a special cheat sheet that describes 5 Awesome FREE tools every brand selling products on amazon should know about. These tools will help you with things like:
Finding out which customer left a particular product review (so you can follow up)UPDATE 11/8/17: Due to a recent Amazon change, this tool no longer works. Instead, I have added a tool to the list that lets you ethically spy on your competition by finding out what keywords their products rank for.
- Generating a good list of keywords for your product – keywords that customers actually search on Amazon
- Finding out the sales and pricing history of almost any product on Amazon
- Finding out if Amazon owes you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in unpaid reimbursements
To get the cheat sheet, go here and enter your name and email: http://ecomleverage.com/get-cheat-sheet