On Episode 30 we talked about some of the exciting ways Amazon’s new Transparency program could help brands take more control of their products on Amazon.
This episode is a follow-up to that one, based on a phone call we had with Amazon to learn more about the Transparency program. After talking with Amazon, we’re even more excited!
Here is some of what we share in this episode:
- Transparency is NOT invitation-only…it is now open for any brand to enroll!
- Ideally, a brand enrolling in the program should be brand registered, but even if you aren’t there may be a way for Amazon to verify your identity and allow you to enroll in Transparency.
- If you sign up now, Transparency is free for the first 6 months!
- Amazon is seeing Transparency as a way to help brands get rid of counterfeit product issues on ALL platforms, not just Amazon. They hope to sell the technology to companies like eBay, Walmart, and Alibaba.
- If you enroll in Transparency you must affix the Transparency barcodes to ALL units of your enrolled product, not just the units that are intended to be sold on Amazon.
Want Help Enrolling in Transparency?
Fill out this short form to request a free half hour phone consultation with us, and we’ll help you determine whether Transparency is a good fit for your brand and how to take the next steps!